Vitamin D functions as a hormone that regulates calcium metabolism and supports cardiovascular health, bone, muscles and immune function. Also, clinical studies show higher vitamin D levels are associated with a longer, healthier lifespan. Vitamin D3 is the body’s preferred form of vitamin D. Many clinical trials have demonstrated the vast health benefits of vitamin D. Maintaining healthy levels of vitamin D in the body has been shown to be an important part of optimal health.
Many people do not get the level of vitamin D3 they need through their diets or exposure to sunlight. In fact, anyone living in a northern climate, working indoors most of the year, or who has darker skin, very likely needs a supplemental source of D3.
Aside from its benefits for bone and immune health, the clinical trials show higher serum levels of vitamin D are associated with improved mental function because of healthier brain function.
New Light on the Sunshine Vitamin (D3):
- Sight-Saving (slows the progression of myopia & benefits the cornea of eye)
- Improves cognitive function and memory
- Activates the immune system’s response to any viral exposure
- Advances bone density
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- Healthier prostate gland in men
- Healthier teeth
- Insulin sensitivity & use
- Healthier cell growth
- Anti-aging & longevity
- Helps speed up healing in fractures
- Improved muscle strength
- Stops pain in the bones (osteomalacia)
A few symptoms that show you need more D3 :
- Chronic pain
- Sensitive, aching or throbbing teeth
- “Head sweating”
- Pain in the scalp when hair is combed or brushed